Join me for a fun retelling of an easy reader book!
This activity combines a little scientific cause and effect with pre-literacy skills. This is the best way to prepare for Thanksgiving!
What you need:
*Picture of the turkey body cut out
* Paper plate
*Food coloring set (red, yellow, blue, green)
*Small cup of vinegar
*Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
How to Set Up the Story:
1. Put a few drops of red food coloring in a line on the paper plate.
2. Do the same with yellow, green, and blue (in this order).
3. Cover the color with sprinkled baking soda. These will be your feathers.
4. Place the vinegar and dropper close to your paperplate.
5. Begin telling the story. When Timmy begins to eat items, drip the vinegar onto the appropriate feather.
You can watch the retelling here:
Go HERE to get the printable story. Have children read the story and color the appropriate feather.
The story has lots of sight words!