This is another super simple tutorial! If it isn't simple, then I don't know how to do it ;)
I love colored rice, and I love how easy it is to make. We use colored rice for many invitation activities.
What you need:
1 Cup of rice
1 tsp vinegar
couple drops of food coloring
gallon size baggy
How to make it:
1. Put one cup of rice in the bag.
2. Put 3-4 drops of food coloring into the bag.
3. Drizzle 1 tsp of vinegar over the rice.
4. Seal the bag and squish the rice. Your children will love to help with this step!
5. Empty the rice onto a cookie sheet and let dry overnight.
The vinegar prevents the coloring from transferring to your hands when you are playing. Vinegar is safe to taste, versus some recipes that use rubbing alcohol.