Do your children play Among Us?
Be honest, did you even know what the game is? I didn't for the longest time. It is an game app that seems to be all the rage right now. My middle schooler is playing it, but so is my kindergartener. The premise is to prepare your spaceship to launch by completing tasks. But among the crew is an imposter who goes around killing the crewmates. I know it sounds dark. It reminds me of that winking game we used to play at slumber parties. Remember you all sat in a circle, if you got winked at...you fell backwards.
Well, all of that to say my children created their very own Among Us game to play in real life. The cool kids call this IRL.
I honestly have no idea on the REAL Among Us rules, but this is how my children had us play. It was so much fun. Encourage your kids to put down the device and play IRL with you.
What you need:
-Slip of paper for each player. All the slips should say 'crewmate' except one. The one should say imposter.
-List of tasks that each person must complete
-Tasks set up around the house
The kids set up random things like: Pick up all the trash, push in all the chairs, memory matching game, etc.
-Flashlight (this is optional, but added to fun to play in the dark).
How to play:
1. Give everyone a list of which number of tasks they must complete.
2. Have everyone draw a slip of paper. No one can tell who the imposter is.
3. Begin completing the tasks around the house.
4. The imposter slowly and quietly taps crewmates. The crewmate who is tapped has to lay down where they are tapped.
5. When crewmates suspect the imposter, they can say "I call a meeting!" and everyone meets up in the kitchen. The crewmate states the case and everyone votes. If they are right, and vote for the imposter...the game is over!
6. OR the game is over when the imposter gets everyone.