1. Choose your sessions Each session is 1 hour long.Check for newly released session themes on:
Or sign up for the email newsletter by firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Email email@example.com reserve your spot in the sessions of your choice.
3. You will receive a confirmation email This email will include payment options as well as an in-depth list of all the invitations (activities) for the session. The confirmation letter will describe why each invitation was chosen and how it affects development in motor, cognitive, social, and communication skills.
4. Put on your messy clothes and come to our outdoor Atelier (fancy word for studio)
Definitely do not dress your children in their cutest designer outfits. Play clothes are necessary! And that goes for parents, too! 5. Explore the invitations As you arrive, I will briefly introduce you to each of the invitations that I have set up on the porch and backyard. There will be 4-6 different invitations (stations) to choose from. Let your child choose where they would like to explore first. Your child may choose to visit every invitation during the hour session, or he/she may be completely engrossed in just one the entire time. This is okay! This is not an instructed art class. Instead, the hour is time for children to explore the invitations at their own pace and according to their own interests. In your email letter, you will have suggestions on how to help your child get the most out of each invitation. I will also be circulating, providing the children with additional ways to extend their play and explorations.
Milkshake/Lemonade/Potion/Swamp Water Invitation
This water invitation will be available at most play group sessions. Children decide what the concoctions or colored water represents. Some days it is lemonade, but others it might be swamp water! Children use clipboards to take each others’ orders or write menus.
Clay Explorations Clay is a staple medium in all Reggio preschool ateliers. Clay is a messy art material, but has so many possibilities. Clay will always be available during play group sessions. The add-ons or provocations will change each session.
Each session there will be a large collaborative masterpiece for the children to add their own ideas. Isn’t this one beautiful?
6. Take photos and be sure to tag #branchandblossomatelier
Photographs serve as precious documentation that you can revisit with your child. Look back and ask your child what they were doing in the photos. “How did they figure out how to solve a problem? Why did they choose to use that color? How did your child and their friend work to solve a problem?”
Feel free to post pics and spread the word about our play group sessions!